AnsweredAssumed Answered

More Issues with Conditional Value Lists

Question asked by captaincripps on Jul 3, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 by philmodjunk

Hi Guys,

Previously I had an issue with Conditional Value Lists. Thanks to the community and philmodjunk's very useful Adventures 1 file, I was able to resolve the issue and get my hardwired CVL working.

Unfortunately I'm back with more CVL Issues. I think this time I need a basic CVL, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The goal is to have a CVL that filters Machine Serial Numbers. So first I will provide the context. Each Project may contain several machines, which are each tracked with a serial number given by the supplier. Thus there is a Machines table linked to Projects via kp/kf fields. The auto enter Project Number from Projects, automatically gets assigned to a machine via a lookup field in the machines table.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 14.02.59.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-03 at 14.03.11.png

This works fine. The issue then comes when trying to assign after sales to the machine. The way it works is there is either Legacy or S3 Process (Legacy being Pre-S3 Projects and thus irrelevant).

If S3 is selected, it then shows a dropdown with all projects, and if a project is selected with an associated machine, I am trying to get it to display only machines relating to that project (Please note the project in the example DOES have a related machine.

Instead of displaying the Serial number I get the following.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 13.30.22.png

Please see captioned screenshots below which demonstrate the setup if the current items.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 13.30.47.png

List linked with the serial number dropdown (Seen above).

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 13.31.03.png

Serial number dropdown field data source.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 13.32.02.png

CVL Link and table occurrence.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 13.32.25.png

Relationship for data source and values for CVL.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 13.32.16.png

Relationship for data source and display values.

I'm sure it's probably blatant and people are screaming at their screens reading this. If you could let me know some advice as to what I need to do, please let me know. Many thanks.

- Cripps

Outcomes