AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker is for sale only for citizens of US, Canada, Europe or Japan ?

Question asked by ozz on Jul 11, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 by bigtom

Just curious why it is such a pain in the *** to buy a new license for Filemaker from a Filemaker distributor outside US, Canada, Europe or Japan ?

I was hoping to buy a license in India. But after trying for 2 months, have concluded that Filemaker intends to only sell it in US, Canada, Europe or Japan.

Some of the problems I had when trying to purchase FM

1. Even as of 2018, There are no distributors in India !!
    • Perhaps India still one of the "Black listed" countries like it was when the PowerPC Macs first came out and the sale policy database at Filemaker Inc was not updated since the 90s 
  2. FMP licenses are not available on Amazon.in  The latest version on Amazon India is still Filemaker 7 from Filemaker Inc.
  3. Filemaker online store does not sell to "other" countries. At a time when we can still afford "Awesome" Software from Adobe, Autodesk and Microsoft in local currencies.

A few concerns given the above experience,

1. How much of a pain will it be to get upgrade licenses in the future if we purchase it from a neighboring country that has a FM distributor ?
  2. How much of a pain will it be to convince a company or business to adopt Filemaker in here ?

I sincerely wish Filemaker would extend its "Awesomeness" in the sales department / division too..

Outcomes