AnsweredAssumed Answered

Web viewer in Preview Mode

Question asked by laich on Jul 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 by laich

I want to start by saying that although this is my first time posting to this community I've spent a considerable amount of time reading over the years. Many of the posts/solutions I've found here have been tremendously helpful.

Just so we are all on the same page I'm working with FM Server 11.

We have a report that prints a found set of somewhat lengthy text fields. The size of the text fields can vary significantly in size.

I was asked if it would be possible to add some images to display in-line with the text. My attempted solution has been to create a layout with a Web Viewer and convert the text field via GetAsCSS() adding in links to the pictures where needed. The layout functionality displays as I would have hoped.

The issue is that when I go to preview I can not get the web viewer to slide and enclose the part (shrink) which was the behavior of the text field. The field doesn't even hide when it is empty. This means that I end up with several blank pages for almost every record. I have [Slide up based on, All objects above, also resize enclosing part] for the viewer and all other fields.

What I've tried so far:

* Changing the !DOCTYPE (I thought maybe Filemaker didn't realize </html> was the end of the field)

* Setting a height in the *, html, and body tags (I thought maybe explicitly setting a size would help)

* Moving the field to a sub summary in hopes it might behave differently.

Any help or direction you could provide would be huge. I'd be happy if I could just get it to hide/slide when empty. (I know this is possible in FM 13 but alas I'm in 11)

Outcomes