AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with Contact Picker for Database

Question asked by captaincripps on Jul 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2018 by philmodjunk

Hi guys,

I have been making progress with the database I have inherited, and many of the functions are now running and improved. There is however an issue I am having, and I'm completely stuck.

The issue is the Contact Picker feature. This was a feature implemented before I inherited the database, and apparently worked for a while, but then suddenly stopped working. The person who programmed it (one of our directors) has stated that he has no idea what any of it means anymore (he didn't put comments in his scripting) and thus I am having difficulty picking this up, as Im not sure whats going on.

The way the feature works, is there is a portal in the 'Enquiries' layout with an "Add" button.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.46.59.png

Upon pressing the add button it is supposed to bring up a new window on the 'Contact Picker' layout, which is to display contacts linked with the enquiries selected customer. The issue I get is whenever attempts to press the "Add" button are made, we receive this error message.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.46.48.png

You can close the error, but it will not find any of the related records.

I did some digging into the buttons to find their scripts:

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.47.29.png

(Launch Contact Picker Script below - this does not make any sense to me, if anyone could enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated)

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.47.11.png

In the 'Contact Picker' layout the "+" button is supposed to then add the contact to the enquiry (although we cannot get to this as the contact results are not appearing)

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.47.54.png

(Add Participant script below - Again unsure as to what this means or would do, I understand what it needs to do but this makes little sense to me)

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.48.03.png

Also below is the relevant information on the relationship between the two tables linked with the layouts:

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.49.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 13.49.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 14.16.15.png

If anyone could help me make sense of this, it would be greatly appreciated, as well as any ideas to further improve and streamline this. Many thanks!

- Cripps

Outcomes