DomMolloy

Agile Calendar User Interface

Discussion created by DomMolloy on Jul 16, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 by PeterDoern

I am designing a screen that shows the sprints for an agile release on a single line mapped to a calendar view. Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.20.19 AM.png

So - I am using a set of repeating fields to represent where the individual sprints fall on the calendar and a color representing status.

I also want to overlay comments for each sprint and have them appear in the colored box area.

The way I've tried to do this is to have a text field overlay each release row and use the replace text function to position the comments within that text field so they come overlay the sprint boxes for each sprint.

I thought that calculating the starting position for the replacement function would work well if it was based on the week number of the sprint start date (adjusted by the start date week number of the window).  I can get the positioning of the comments to perfectly map  to sprints that start near the left side of the calendar window but sprints further right don't line up well using a formula such as the following:

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.36.25 AM.png

1) Is there a better way to do this?

2) If not - any ideas why this does not work?

Outcomes