AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting Photos From URL into Container Fields

Question asked by amcbaldwin on Jul 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 by dtcgnet

I have been trying to get this to work for some time with absolutely no luck.  I have tried multiple different ways to no avail. Perhaps someone could help me understand what it is that I am doing incorrectly.

First, I have a four possible fields within a record that could have URL links to photos.  Below is an example of such a URL.

http://www.gocanvas.com/values/4390373749

What I need to happen is for the URL be called to upload the photo into the corresponding container field within the record. 

The two ways I have attempted to accomplish this is as follows.

First - Using an insert from url script. I indicate the target cell to be the corresponding container field

- I point the script to pull the url from the other field.

Result, nothing happends

Second-I have placed Web Viewers directly next to the container cells that I need to fill with the photos from the URL

- I point the Web Viewer to the URL and the web viewer appropriately opens the url.

- Next, I have the script go to the web viewer object and copy the contents

- Then, I have the script go to the corresponding container field and paste.

All the script steps appear to work except for the copy/paste function.  If I pause the script once it reaches the web viewer and I manually "command copy" and then move forward with the script the action works, but for some reason, the script for the copy does not appear to work as would a typical "command copy"

Any help would b greatly appreciated especially if someone could show me a simpler way to make this import happen.

Thank you for your time.

Outcomes