AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migrated iMac, Cant Open File, Access Privilege Error

Question asked by heycrystal on Jul 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 by Jens Teich

Hi, I'm new to FileMaker and have recently started learning FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced on the trial version. This morning, I migrated my iMac to a new one (both were on 10.12).

My FM project was working fine last night on the old iMac and now I get "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action" when I try to open the file. If I click OK it takes me to a screen (it's attached) that basically doesn't allow me to take any actions or see anything. (There's a screenshot attached below.) Even when I close the file, the access error message pops up again.

Last week I had created different privilege groups with logins and passwords, but it was all working on the old iMac. Now, the login popup doesn't even show up.

Is there anyway I can save the file? We had already reformatted my old computer (it was given to someone else) and I have no backups-- at least none that I made manually? I'm lucky that all the data in it were placeholders anyway, but I'd like to know why it happened and if I have to start over.

Thanks in advance!

-Crystal

Outcomes