AnsweredAssumed Answered

Forcing the SSL Certificate dialogue to appear via script in 17?

Question asked by VetturaLogic on Jul 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 by philmodjunk

Hi All,

I have a question regarding SSL Certificates in FileMaker 17, which kind of follows on from my earlier posting about disappearing Local Hosts, here;

https://community.filemaker.com/message/770966

I have a set of files hosted on FileMaker Server 17 available on a small office network of 5 users. As the Local Host address kept disappearing from the File > Hosts pane, confusing my users, I created a Launch.fmp12 file with a scripted Open File process to open files on the server.

However, this scripted-opening process will only work if the user has already connected, at least once before, by physically entering the server's address into the Hosts pane (and adding it to Favourites), so triggering the SSL Certificate alert and allowing them to tick the "Always Trust" box. Then the user can continue to use the Launch file every time and my scripted Open File process always works.

If a user accesses the files via the Launch file, without having previously entered the local server address into the File > Hosts pane, then the SSL Certificate prompt doesn't appear to be called and the user just gets an error 802 message, Unable to open file.

So, my question is: Is there a way to script an Open File process that will force the SSL Certificate message to appear the first time the user tries to open a file on the server or store it as a Favourite?

NB I've already added the server address as an external data source in the Launch file but I still get an 802 error if I haven't connected manually at least once in FileMaker.

Outcomes