AnsweredAssumed Answered

Import from Excel Bug- not recognizing data?

Question asked by badmonkey842 on Jul 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 by fmpdude

I am encountering an issue while using an import script referencing an Excel file, and I am not sure if this is a known issue or something unique

Background: Excel file is generated from an instrument with results and UUID information. Excel is imported to a temp table via script step.  This excel contains header information that is removed during the cleanup process and is variable in number of rows. (important fact)

Problem: The script step does not allow me to select Excel column (H) in the source window. However, Column (G) can be selected and they contain a similar position for the start of the data (row). It appears that column "H" isnt being recognized as having data and therefor can not select it as a source.

If i modify the file and artificially add  a value to "H1", i am then able to set up the script step to import  source "H".  However, when i use  a real excel file, it appears that the script step removes "H" as a source field.  Again columns C-G are not an issue despite the data placement starting at the same excel row

thoughts or ideas?     Also note I must retain the Excel format for other downstream processes

Outcomes