AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Generated CVLs

Question asked by dmajorjam on Jul 21, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2018 by philmodjunk

Hope I'm on the right track, working through #adventures in FIlemaking I, and trying to create script genereated CVLs. I have the relationship setup as follows. philmodjunk am I on the right track?

Script cvl so far.jpeg

In the create appointment layout I have the fields set up, and the first field as a drop down list, I am working to create a choose by filter script that selects the organization number and then put that as the call script for your Create CVLs script, I am not sure if there needs to be a second option though. Instead of a description matching the line item I want to pull up the names of campuses associated with the organization, and so on. Will there need to be a third list of values?

Also separate from this question, I have set up a layout that allows me to add campuses to an organization. I want the id of the organization to go into the record created for the campus, it is a foreign key, but I don't know how to get that field to have the key from the parent to be input upon creation, or why the records I have created for a specific company aren't showing up in the portal though the button to add is working (used the debugger).

Portal empty.jpeg

Records created.jpeg

Thanks for any help you can give.

Outcomes