shailasg

Very Disappointed with Filemaker Pro 16- Staying with Filemaker Pro 15

Discussion created by shailasg on Jul 22, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2018 by shailasg

It looks like that Filemaker Pro 15 will be the last version I will ever use. I was looking forward to Filemaker Pro 16 as they fixed a major issue with cleaning temporary files created in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\FMTEMP*.png" which by the way was slowing down the actual navigation and data entry to a standstill (I lived with the issue for years and it took me many,many hours to figure out what was the problem). Now FM 16 is treating each FM file database as a separate app. By the way the application is the Filemaker not every data file. Now imagine having 10+ DB files and every time you perform Alt-Tab you need to go through each one of them. Not very useful! It is OK to make upgrades but there are certain upgrades that you need to give the option of not using them. On top of this in FM 16 you can not update the Tooltip field in Inspector in a database that was created with an earlier version. As FM is upgraded each year with the goal of attracing new users, it will be a good idea to care for the people that made Filemaker who it is today as these people have a big influence to new users going forward. Big corporations are hard to be upgrading each year. A lot of times it can take 4-5 years to upgrade to a newer version, so we are faced with these changes by surprise.

Outcomes