AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 17 Data API - number data

Question asked by Mark Mathews on Jul 23, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by wimdecorte

We are working on the FileMaker Data API for FMS 17 and the system we want to interrogate has a number of long number UUID fields for the primary and foreign keys. Whilst all the setup, scripts and authentication have gone smoothly we have found that interrogating the API with PostMan returns the ID fields as numbers in the JSON but in floating point notation. This seems quite strange, and makes integrations more challenging. We have been through the layouts (as the API is controlled by the fields on the layouts) and extended the field sizes and also the Data Formatting of those fields. However these changes have not made any difference.

So before we go and create additional fields that render the IDs as text (JSON string), I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and solved it. We are using number fields to minimise the Index as the solution is already quite large.

The image below shows the FileMaker layout on the left and then the PostMan results on the right.

FileMaker Data API.png

This development environment is currently hosted on FMCloud 1.17 which as I understand it, should be the same as FileMaker Server 17.

I have seen a similar thread here : Get( UUIDNumber ) and FileMaker Data API  but was hoping there was a way to get round this without changing to text fields or creating new fields.

Outcomes