AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why Would Script Steps / Functions be Missing in the Script Library?

Question asked by russc on Jul 23, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2018 by russc

Hi everyone,

First post here in the FileMaker Community.  I've used this site for several years, and I am very grateful for the posts and answers that have been found here in this community.  I've learned an incredible amount from the posts here.

Recently I've come across a problem that I cannot figure out for the life of me.  I have been developing a new FileMaker solution in FileMaker Pro 16 over the last couple of months and am currently working on developing the necessary scripts for this database solution.  Unfortunately many of the script functions / steps are missing from the library.  When I search for them in the right hand column of the manage scripts window, they don't exist.  I cannot manually type them into the script workspace either.  All of my Get functions are missing (get(accountname), get(filepath), get(currenttime), etc.) , all of my Mobile functions are missing (location, etc.), and all of my Logical functions (Case, Let, etc.) are missing as well.  I am sure there are plenty more missing that I am not aware of at the moment as well.

I searched the community boards for a solution to this issue, and came across one post that had a similar problem titled "Missing Standard Script Functions" from June 4, 2018.  The solution to that issue was making sure the account being used has the full access privilege set.  The account that I am using does in fact does have full access privileges.

I can view scripts in other FileMaker solutions that have these missing script steps in them.  I can even execute those scripts without any issues.  However, I cannot add new script lines in those scripts with any of the missing functions.

I had my IT folks reinstall FileMaker Pro 16 just to make sure it wasn't an issue with the installation.  The problem still persisted after FileMaker Pro 16 was reinstalled.

Has anyone run into this issue before?  If you have, what was your solution?

Thanks in advance

-Russ

Outcomes