AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insert Audio/Video script step from full path on a Mac

Question asked by ellisberg on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by ellisberg

I am trying to build my own music file player using FMP Advanced 17 on the Mac (because iTunes is getting out of control!). I have imported the full paths to my music files (.m4a and .mp3) and would like to have an interactive Container field use those paths as references to the audio files. For example, here is the stored path to a music file:

/Volumes/Public/Shared Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/10cc/The Original Soundtrack/02 I'm Not In Love.m4a

If I manually insert the audio file (reference only), all the container attributes are correct for the file, and the "ExternalFiles" attribute matches the imported file and path exactly.

However, when I try to run the Insert Audio/Video Script Step using a local variable $FILE_REF containing:

moviemac:/Volumes/Public/Shared Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/10cc/The Original Soundtrack/02 I'm Not In Love.m4a

The script always fails, saying it cannot find the file, but the error message correctly identifies the filename from the imported path. The Insert File script step has the same problem when I use the "filemac:" prefix.

What am I doing wrong?

Outcomes