hiddenemailer

Simple time card

Discussion created by hiddenemailer on Jul 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2018 by mikebeargie

Im new to filemaker Im wanting to either make (or modify someones existing) timecard.
the few ive seen seem way to complex with jobs and projects etc.

Currently i use a excel template  im ade I enter the date in the "week of" field and it fills out that weeks days  in the date column

i then enter  my start time and end time and it does the rest rounding to the nearest 15minute, if i have OT (which is rare) i menually enter the number of hours and it subtracts from that day regular hours total.

then for  each week i duplicate the template sheet run a macro so it chages the sheets name to the the name in the "week of" field so i have a running record of my times.

then my bosses wife who does payroll will ask me for my hours worked for a specific timeframe and i manually pluck the DATE,START TIME,FINISH TIME, HOURS WORKED  and a total out and provide them.

to me this feels like a lot of manual work for something that could be automated if i had filemaker skills that matched my excel skills.

ideally i would want to make a filemaker database that looks similar, but that keeps track of its own weeks so i dont need to keep adding a sheet each week.

and then i want to be able to print a report where if it asks for me for a date range and pulls out any times i worked. so i can print/ give a pdf.

so where should i start

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 4.16.15 AM.png

Outcomes