solusequitem

Random Filemaker Pro Crash

Discussion created by solusequitem on Jul 27, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2018 by gdurniak

I have an interesting Filemaker issue that I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on. Thanks for the help I have received previously from this forum, its been very useful to me as I have been learning.

Yesterday we experienced two fairly major Filemaker issues that both myself and the other developer are still mystified about. As I was typing this post, one of the issues reoccurred.

Our database has dozens of tables, probably close to 50-60 in total, one of the tables is called "Transactions" and it records any stock activity, such as orders being placed, orders being pulled, FBA orders being created, bin to bin transfers, etc. If inventory is touched, a record is created with the who/what/where/why/when.

Yesterday the entire table vanished. We laboriously recreated it from backups (one of which had failed so we had to go back a full 24 hours and manually re-enter all orders). Overnight the database failed again and had to be partially rebuilt, This morning the entire Transactions table was again deleted.

We clearly have a corrupted database, but we are struggling to determine when it occurred so we can hopefully restore from immediately prior to that point. Right now I have a backup from last night being recovered as it won't open normally due to being corrupted. I am hoping to pull the Transactions from it and whatever else can be salvaged.

Does anybody have any ideas as to the best way to proceed with the recovery, as well as making sure this error doesn't reoccur? Our server is a 2015 i5 iMac with 8 GB of memory and a 256 GB SSD. It backs up to its own SSD, an external HDD, the linked iCloud account, and a network linked Time Capsule. The database size is 2.1 GB.

Outcomes