We have large vertical market solution that is 20 years old. In January, all of our clients were on FileMaker 14, when we decided to update everyone to 16. Our Mac users had no problem with the move to FMP 16. But ALL of our Windows users were unable to function. Nearly any action they attempted led to a 15-30 sec freeze-up. In every case it would show “Not Responding” at the top of the window. The problem is absolutely serious. This ‘bug’ makes our solution totally unusable for all Windows users.
Interestingly if they uninstalled 16 and returned back to 14, the problems go away. Again, Mac users have no problem with 16. It is strictly a Windows only problem. And it seems to effect all Windows users, regardless of their version.
Here is what we’ve tried or tested:
- 32 bit vs 64 bit. Same problem on both.
- Peer-to-peer vs Client Server? Same problem on both
- Run solution strictly locally with no networking? Same problem.
- Increased FileMaker memory in Preferences. Same problem.
- Converted all icons to SVGs. Same problem.
- Moved to brand new computers with SSDs? Same problem.
- Converted the 25 most used layouts from Classic to a modern theme? Same problem.
I am out of ideas. And baffled.
Any ideas anyone?