AnsweredAssumed Answered

Showing Multiple Records in Vertical Portals

Question asked by jlquinniv on Jul 27, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by philmodjunk

I took a break from using FMP for about 15 years (long story) and now I'm back and trying something that's got me stumped. 

I have created a database that records the results of audits to evaluate if certain procedures are being followed.  No problem with that part.  Now, I'm trying to create a report that displays the results in columns.  Specifically, like this:

For background, this is for many different schools and each school will have 5 files pulled at random and audited.  There will always be 5 records in the found set.  What I'm trying to do in my report is show the values from each of the 5 audits for that school in its own column.  My guess was that the best way to show 5 records at once would be to use long, skinny portals for each column and then display the first record in the found set under Student 1, the second record in the found set under Student 2, etc...  I THOUGHT I could somehow do it by specifying for each portal to start on the row corresponding to the record number.  That doesn't work.  And I can't figure out how to get the portals to display each record separately.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do this (and I really can't spare the hair).  It doesn't seem overly complicated.  But, it's got me stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes