COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS, LLC. RELEASES CNS BARCODE 2.5.1, A FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
Fort Worth, TX, August 2, 2018 -- CNS Plug-ins releases a new version of CNS Barcode. The main new feature of version 2.5.1 is extra options for generating barcodes. It's now possible to specify the Error Correction Capacity/ECC Level for QR Codes or the size of DataMatrix symbols, for example. This version also comes with several other enhancements and bug fixes as normal. CNS Barcode version 2.5.1 is available immediately at http://cnsbarcode.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R).
Don't forget our Texas-sized DevCon Discount is available until the end of August (31st, 2018)! Take 30% off all orders, even upgrade and renewal orders. Just use the coupon code "DevCon 2018" when you check out.
CNS Barcode for FileMaker Pro is a plug-in that brings the power of barcodes to your FileMaker Solution. Like its sibling product, CNS Barcode for iOS, this plug-in can both scan and generate barcodes. CNS Barcode can scan JPEG or PNG images containing barcodes or it can use an attached webcam to scan any barcodes held up to the camera. Barcode formats you can scan include Codabar, Code 3 of 9 (Code 39), Code 3 of 9 Ext. (Code 39+), Code 93, Code 128, DataBar-14, DataBar-14 Stacked, EAN 2, EAN 5, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN 14, EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBN, QR Code, UPC A, and UPC E. Barcode formats you can generate include all the formats you can scan plus Aztec, Data Matrix, HIBC Data Matrix, USPS OneCode, PDF417, and PostNET.
Whether you already have products with barcodes or if you want to start using barcodes to track your assets, CNS Barcode is easy to set up and use. If you need to create barcodes, the CNSBC_Generate function will take any data you have in your database and create a PNG, EPS, or SVG image of the barcode format of your choosing. You can then print out and affix the barcodes to the objects you need to track. When you need to scan one of your barcodes, the CNSBC_ScanWindow function will bring up a video preview of your webcam for you to see what you are scanning. When the plug-in recognizes the barcode, it will use one of three actions that you define. It can close the scanning window and return the barcode data to the script that opened the window; it can call a script in your database and pass it the barcode data; or it can set a field in your database with the barcode data. Unlike the first action, the script calling and field setting actions leave the scanning window open for you to scan more barcodes.
Download CNS Barcode today and see how easy it is to add barcodes to your FileMaker Solution!
* Updated the Set Profile Option and Get Profile Option script steps to use a list of the options instead of having to specify them by name.
* Fixed an issue where the Generate function was trimming the data to encode. This made it impossible to encode a single space, for example.
* Added support for generating Aztec barcodes.
* Added support for Generate to encode control characters either directly with \0, \b, \f, \n, \r, \t, \v, \xXX or by using the Unicode "Control Images" [code points 0x2400-0x2421; Char ( 9216 ) - Char ( 9249 ) ].
* Added support for specifying optional parameters to Generate for certain barcode types. For example, you can now specify the Error Correction Capacity/ECC Level for QR Codes or specify the size of a DataMatrix symbol.
* Updated Mac Camera View code to newer standards.
* CNS Core: Added a Plug-in option to Folder_GetPath.
* CNS Core: Fixed several issues with Dialog/Window controls.
* CNS Core: Fixed issues with Endianess when working with files.
* CNS Core: Updated Mac File Reference code to use latest OS functions.
* CNS Core: Fixed issues with deleting directories on Mac.
* CNS Core: Updated UTF-8 encoding/decoding functions to latest specifications.
* CNS Core: Rewrote the Windows file reference code to not use .NET.
* CNS Core: Other minor bug fixes.
Pricing and Availability
CNS Barcode is available immediately at http://cnsbarcode.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R). You can download a full-working Demo copy of the plug-in to test it out before purchasing.
If you purchased CNS Barcode any time from August 2nd, 2017 until now, you can install this latest version free of charge; you do not need a new license key. If you purchased CNS Barcode any time between August 2nd, 2016 and August 3rd, 2017, you can renew your license for 50% off the current price. If you purchased CNS Barcode any time before August 2nd, 2016, you can renew your license for 25% off the current price. You can check your eligibility for license renewals by logging into your account on our online store. Please contact us for your personalized upgrade coupon if you would like to renew.
CNS Barcode prices range from a 1-User License for $85 to a World License for $1425 (which includes a free Server License). A Server License of CNS Barcode for use with FileMaker Pro Server/Server Advanced is $775. A Developer's License of CNS Barcode is $1625. For more pricing information and information about Educational/Non-Profit institutions please see our online store at https://www.cnsplug-ins.com/store/
All prices subject to change without notice.
Review copies for article write-ups available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in reviewing the plug-in.
Comm-Unity Networking Systems, LLC.
PO Box 137559
Fort Worth, Texas 76136