AnsweredAssumed Answered

Default for showing only the current window

Question asked by vincent86 on Aug 2, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 by philmodjunk

Is there a setting for FileMaker to default to showing only the current Window so I don't have to add a script step to over a thousand navigation scripts?    I want all other windows hidden. We also prefer them to all default to maximized, and they currently do not. We have an app that we have used for years, and now are upgrading to FMP17 and Windows 10.  Now when we click a button that runs a script that opens a new file, it opens a new window, but still shows the previous window as well.  This would allow a user to multitask between different windows, when they really need to be using the navigation buttons on the layouts so that scripts will run appropriately.  We probably have over a 1000 navigation scripts that would need "Adjust Window [hide]" added, if we wanted to change every script.  This is really less of a developer question and more of a "Where is the setting, if any, to change this in FMP17?"  I tried talking to FileMaker Support, but I think we all know how that went for me.  It took 15-20 minutes just trying to show the representative what I was talking about.  I think the first sentence of this paragraph explains it exactly.  Thanks to anyone with any suggestions!

Outcomes