AnsweredAssumed Answered

need help setting up value list to enable reporting

Question asked by rubinjm on Aug 5, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 12, 2018 by philmodjunk

I have a database that's used for quality reviews of medical cases. I need to add a field for entry of Contributing Factors. An excerpt of the items contained in the list of contributing factors is shown in the screenshot below. There are 18 total categories within the list of factors.  A particular case could have multiple factors selected.

My initial thought was to create 18 value lists that contained the choices for each of the 18 categories. I would then use 18 different fields that each would have a popup list for that category's choices. That way I could have all of the 18 category names displayed on the layout to help remind people what the categories are. I ultimately need to be able to generate a report that shows the total number of times each individual factor was selected and I don't think that would be possible with this approach.

My alternate plan is to use the related table structure with record#, counter and value that I've used for other fields with value lists in this database. That allows for reporting but I'm not sure if there's a way to do that and still have each category isolated for selection purposes. I thought I could do this with 18 filtered portals but am not sure how to set that up. Any ideas?

Thanks–

Outcomes