AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker export is skipping 5 records of 750

Question asked by wendy on Aug 7, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 by Mike_Mitchell

I have a very simple FileMaker file on my desktop with two fields and 750 records.

ImageThumbnail   (container)

metaImageFilename  (Text)

Mac OS El Capitan (expecting new Macs soon) with FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced 15.0.4.400

I am exporting the contents of the container field to a folder on the desktop using this script:

Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]

Loop

Set Variable [ $PATH; Value:Get ( DesktopPath ) & "/" & "FMImagesToFix" & "/" & GetAsText ( FIXIMAGES::metaImageFilename ) ]

Export Field Contents [ FIXIMAGES::imageThumbnail; “$PATH” ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next; Exit after last ]

End Loop

It is consistently exporting only 745 records. To figure out which ones, I tried turning on Error Capture, placing the Get (Last Error) step at various locations, and having it write to a field--consistent zeros. I tried having it increment a counter variable and writing that to a counter field, which always ended up at 750. Finally in desperation I had it add a counter to to the NAME OF THE IMAGE FILE being exported to the folder on my desktop:

Set Variable [ $PATH; Value:Get ( DesktopPath ) & "/" & "FMImagesToFix" & "/" & GetAsText ( FIXIMAGES::metaImageFilename ) & " " & $counter

NOW I get 750 records in the folder--what I expected--but now, of course, I have 750 files with numbers added to the end of the filename.

Any idea what's going on? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Outcomes