AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripting Multiple File Export

Question asked by mwalsh on Aug 9, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 by badmonkey842

Hello All,

First time posting and still novice FMP user. I'm trying to create a script to save time for my colleagues.

Our solution is set up with a container that displays related Files for each record. As it displays now, you have the option of Viewing/Saving each individual related file. However, there can often be 10-15 files for each record that need to be downloaded for offline purposes. Right now, the only way for the staff to do that is to individually download/save each file with repeated clicks.

I've been trying to write a looping export script that when run would automatically cycle through the "Save Dialog" screens, so at least the users would not have to continually click the Save option.  I've searched through the forums for a relevant solution, but everything I've found instructs on how to write the script so that it loops to the next Record, where I just want it to loop to the next File in this records container. I've tried multiple variations and the best I could do was create a script that kept asking me to save the 1st file within the container over and over again, I could not figure out how to get it to move in to the next file in sequence.

Appreciate any guidance on the above, if it is possible or not to resolve.

Outcomes