I am trying to setup my default fields xml. All is working well except for setting the maximum length of input for text fields. I have a rec_id field that gets set to a UUID through calculation. I want to set the maximum length on it to 50 characters. I have found that ODBC connections seem to work better with this set.
I have set up a test database and table where I defined a field with a maximum length and then created a DDR XML to see what it did and then duplicated that structure. No luck.
<MaxDataLength value="50" />
The DefaultField database app did not have this option.
So, I am looking for anyone who may know how to handle this.