AnsweredAssumed Answered

virtual list report with varying number of columns

Question asked by kmacstuf on Aug 13, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2018 by kmacstuf

I am working on converting a multiple column comparison report from the portal method to the virtual list method.  There are many reasons why this is beneficial.  The thing about the report is that the user can select the number of periods to compare, from 2 to 12 with a total column to the right of the last compare column.  So if the user were comparing 3 periods, the report would have 4 columns, the 3 periods and the 4th being the total.  I accomplished this in the portal method by having logic in the portal filter to filter for a specific period or for the entire timeframe depending on which column I was on and whether or not it was the total column.  This logic was in each portal filter so no matter how many periods were compared, the column to the right of the last period would always be the total column.  I used the "hide when" so that any columns to the right of the total column would not show.  Now that I'm using the virtual list method, I'm not sure how to accomplish the same thing.  I can hide the extra columns but I don't seem to be able to get the Total column to slide over next to the last reporting column.  I've seen that there is a requirement that the fields must be left justified for sliding to work and left justification isn't ideal, but I can't even get that to work.  I'd like to be able to maintain my current formatting (centered, right justified, etc.) while reporting the minimum number of columns.  I am open to ideas. 

Thanks.

Outcomes