I have a file that is nothing more than an ODBC connection to the accounting software data. I have set up the relationship between several GP2015 tables. I have to export to Excel to get the general ledger data WITH the related fields. Then I import to the working table where the analyses are done. Manually it all works great.
So I wanted to script it so the Accounting Manager will have it a little easier. Manually he goes to the GL_Transaction table, and does the finds to get the transactions for inventory for the month he is doing. Then the script is to do
Go to Layout (GENERAL LEDGER) [just to make sure he is on the correct layout when the EXPORT starts.
Export Records [to an Excel file in C:\Windows\temp]
Here is where the problem is for me. I need to export based on the Layout, because I want the related fields. Sometimes the layout shows in the drop-down and sometimes it only shows the table. Before I open the script, I have the active layout showing as the GENERAL LEDGER.
Here is what I see sometimes:
The fields on the left are the correct fields... except they are the Table, not the Layout which would include the four related fields. TempInventory is his working UNRELATED Table. I never export from there.
Days like this I sometimes wish I was working in Version 3 (where I started).