AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error: Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.

Question asked by nickumney on Aug 20, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 by jfletch

I have developed a simple membership database in FMPro 16 on Mac that i have used successfully to send large numbers of emails out to members using Apple Mail. I developed this database to provide a new membership Secretary with a more robust and reliable tool than the multiple Excel spreadsheets that had previously been used. Recently, a new membership secretary has been appointed and I have handed it over to him although I am still providing support while he gets fully up to speed with using it. He is working in FM Pro 16 on Windows 10. Recently we tried to send out a group email using Outlook on his system and we got an error message as follows:

Server Busy

“This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ‘Switch To’ to activate the busy program and correct the problem.”

It’s not clear what this other program is as we have closed everything possible but still get this message. Then every thung freezes.

I have done some searches online and this seems to have been a known problem for some time, both with Outlook and with other programs, but there does not seem to have been a simple solution. I am going to try to change the default email client to Mailbird or em Client but, before I do that, as I am not familiar with Windows 10 I thought I would ask to see if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone has successfully overcome it and managed to send email using Filemaker with Outlook In Windows 10. Thanks nickumney

Outcomes