AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Go 16-Record commits when closing keyboard.

Question asked by SteveMartino on Aug 21, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2018 by SteveMartino

Hi Forum.  Just wondering if this is standard operating procedure for FileMaker Go.

When a field is entered, and you then close the keyboard (Done), the record commits.  I'm trying to only allow a user to 'Save' or 'Cancel' thru buttons.  This is for new record creation (not global fields).

On the desktop, I just put a clear button under all the fields, with a simple script step to prevent committing, but I found it doesn't work that way on Go.

Making the window modal hides it, but then you can't close the keyboard and you don't get arrows for going to the next field (in the case where some of the fields pre-populate on record creation, but do not need to be edited).

The only workaround was just an OnRecordCommit trigger trapping via a script parameter that the commit was not caused by a button.  I guess another way would be to make all the fields global, then the commit would not be a problem as the 'Cancel' button would clear the fields (instead of revert) and the 'Save' button could do the standard grab of data, create variables, create new record, set field, etc.

Just wondering...

Thanks

Steve

Outcomes