How can I configure the httpserver of filemaker server to run python?
I'm using FMS 16 in mac Sierra.
What's the goal? Running a python server in tandem? Executing python scripts from within FileMaker? Consuming FileMaker data with Python?
The latter two things can be done without installing python directly, either with plugins or ODBC. The first thing is possible but more difficult.
Have you tried running a python script yet? FileMaker uses Apache on Mac, and the OSX version of Apache includes a built-in for running python.
Maybe follow something like https://editrocket.com/articles/python_apache_mac.html to see if python is already running?
If you want to run a wsgi server, you could use mod_wsgi together with the Apache that FMS uses. It runs just fine, but you may want to be cautious when updating/upgrading FMS as this may affect your httpd.conf.
Here are the basic steps:
1. Install the Python version you need
2. Create your virtualenv (virtualenv venv --python=/path/to/python)
3. Install XCode (necessary for compiling mod_wsgi)
4. pip install mod_wsgi
6. Get the config for the httpd.conf: mod_wsgi-express module-config
5. Adjust the httpd.conf of FMS in /Library/FileMaker\ Server/HTTPServer/conf/httpd.conf
Feel free to ask again, if you have more specific questions.
Retrieving data ...