AnsweredAssumed Answered

Replace text in addition to present formula

Question asked by jlhfbo on Aug 24, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2018 by onefish

8/24/18

Once again I come to the best source in information in the world.

I have a calculation field that modifies text. It works flawlessly, but I want to add one more element to it. I want to find and change specific words when suffixed by a colon (:) (i.e. Disposition: = Disposition

Here is the current formula that is working flawlessly to find and highlight specific words in a text field (Comments_B) that are entered into a field (HighlightEntry_B):

=========================================================================

CaselessReplace (Comments_B; HighlightEntry_B; "TextSize ( TextStyleAdd ( TextColor ( \"$$$\" ; RGB ( 255 ; 0 ; 0 ) ) ; italic+bold+underline ) ; 12 )" )

//CaselessReplace (TechNotes_B; HighlightEntry_B; "TextSize ( TextStyleAdd ( TextColor ( \"$$$\" ; RGB ( 255 ; 0 ; 0 ) ) ; italic+bold+underline ) ; 12 )" )

=========================================================================

EXAMPLE

Looking for a way to change this---

This is sample test that I want to modify in a calculation field. Synopsis: Aaa bbb ccc ddd ee. Disposition: Aaa bbb ccc ddd ee. Recommendation: Aaa bbb ccc ddd ee.

To this--- underline+bold

This is sample test that I want to modify in a calculation field. Synopsis: Aaa bbb ccc ddd ee. Disposition: Aaa bbb ccc ddd ee. Recommendation: Aaa bbb ccc ddd ee.

Much thanks,

Jim H

Outcomes