AnsweredAssumed Answered

Troubleshooting slow container field upload

Question asked by tcwaters on Aug 29, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 by tcwaters

FMS Server 16.0.4 on VM/Windows Server

I have a database that has been in use for many years, and today I needed to upload about two dozen photos into a container field which is stored externally (open). Each photo was taking about 1:15 min to perform the upload from FMPA 17.0.2 client.

This seemed to me to be excessive. So I created a test DB called "ContainerUpoad."  Tested as a local DB, and upload took about 2 sec. Uploaded the DB to my server with field as stored internal, and upload took just a few seconds longer. Lastly, made the field stored externally (open) so it matches the troubled DB, and the upload was about the same.

So, I went back to the troubled DB, and added a new container field, and the upload the for this new field was very slow like the existing field.

So, this suggests to me the issue is what the database.  Looking for suggestions for fixing the problem.  Do I need to export all data, make a clone and then re-import all the data, or will this clone simply carry the problem with it?  Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks!

Outcomes