AnsweredAssumed Answered

Switching Layouts between Sub-Summary and Detail.

Question asked by mark_b on Sep 3, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2018 by mark_b

Greetings,

I’m thinking this should be simple,  but I can’t get it to work.  I have a layout that displays only sub-summaries of records of students.  I have a button that runs a script that goes to a layout that shows the same student’s record with the Body section included (the Detail).  That part works fine.  The records displayed on the layout are the details of the sub-summary record.  But when I click on a button that goes back to the sub-summary layout, the original student’s sub-summary record is not displayed. The user must scroll up (or down) to find that record.  I’ve tried using GoToRecord but that doesn’t seem to do anything. I have an ‘OnLayoutEnter’ script trigger that sorts the records by the field that the sub-summary uses. I have turned off that script trigger once the records are sorted (global variable set after sort), so it only sorts once.  I feel I should be able to switch between the summary, detail and summary layouts and still have the same record in view.  [Windows 10, FMPA-17]

Cheers,
Mark

Outcomes