AnsweredAssumed Answered

Layout to Select Participants in a class, Layout to Select Classes for Participant.

Question asked by KathrynMalley on Sep 4, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 by KathrynMalley

The Filemaker database I am working to develop is for the purpose of registering entries in a horse show I run every year at a local fair.  It is used to enter riders into the classes they want, as well as to collect health certificate information on the horses to print a report necessary for the state.  I have a database I have used for years that I adapted from a Filemaker Solution named "Events."  It works  well, but I envision a much nicer one, more streamlined. 

There is a functionality that is presently eluding me.  I am able to a enter rider/horse into classes from the perspective of the Entries Layout (for classes).  There is a portal on the Person Layout (i.e., rider) that lists the classes he/she is entered in.  It's populated from the selections made on the Entries layout (class picker).  But I want to be able to select classes from the portal on the Person Layout in the same way I can enter rider/horse into a class from the Entries Layout.  This is not working.  Any help you can offer would be happily appreciated. 

Here is a screenshot of the relationship map.  The RegistrationBRIDGE is to register animals (horses), people (riders), into an event (the date of the show).  The EntriesBRIDGE is to put riders/horses into classes for a particular show. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 3.54.23 PM.png

Here is a screenshot of the People Layout.  The classes you see populated were the result of entering people into classes via the Entries Layout.  I want it to work both ways, that I can also pick classes for the rider on the screen in the People Layout that you see here, but I cannot.  I am guessing I need to have more table occurrences to make this happen?

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 3.48.19 PM.png

Thank you!

Outcomes