AnsweredAssumed Answered

Generate CSR for Worker Machine?

Question asked by dchretien on Sep 5, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2018 by wimdecorte

I'm in the process of upgrading a client's two-machine system to version 17.  Previously, they'd had a certificate for the web (worker) machine, but they were using the FileMaker default certificate on the master machine, because that was for internal use, only. 

I installed FileMaker Server 17 on both machines, and we have everything up and running with no certificates at this time.  (Actually, that defaults to the FileMaker default certificate.)  I was unable to reimport the original worker machine certificate, because they no longer had the key file, so we needed to generate a new request.  (Plus, we'd need a certificate for the master machine, anyway, now.)

I've generated a request from the master machine, but when I try on the worker machine, I receive "Error:  -1 (Internal error)". The request, itself, seems to be correct; it's identical to the master machine request other than the change in the FQDN.

Any suggestions?

If I remove the existing request from the master machine's CStore folder, can I use the CLI on that machine to generate a request for the worker machine?

--Dennis Chretien

Outcomes