AnsweredAssumed Answered

Improper Portal Sorting of Related Records on different device

Question asked by brbsqrd on Sep 9, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2018 by jbrown

I have a one to many relationship and all goes well except sorting of the child records in the portal I'm using. At least to some degree the records aren't sorted properly. In other words on my Mac Layout the related records in the portal are indeed in the proper order. The child database utilizing the portal has a date field called DateIn. When I enter records I do indeed want them to be in the order of this DateIn field.  One interesting thing though, is I don't know why they show up in this proper order on the Mac Layout portal because I have no scripts sorting them accordingly.

The above is is all well and good but, my problem is, when I run this app on an iPhone, using a Layout consistent with an iPhone, the same exact records are not in the same order as the Mac Layout order. There's doesn't seem to be any specific way their ordered. The order of these same DateIn fields are all mixed up.

I am new to FileMaker and I'm struggling a bit, but I'm getting better as I go. I hope someone can help me out here. I'm really having a time figuring this out.

Thanks,

Bob

Outcomes