AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I restrict find requests and layouts to certain types of records?

Question asked by Kathrynfw on Sep 13, 2018

I have been struggling with how to make my solution work.

We have two teams, one for behavior and one for neurodevelopmental work.

Users can enter a restricted page and send either team a referral. When the "new referral" button is clicked, it puts a "Yes" in a box that identifies it as a referral for either behavior or Neuro. When we finish with the referral, we can click a button that switches the referral to caseload, which puts "no" in the is_x_referral box and "Yes" in "is_x_Caseload" box. This keeps the records on the layouts for caseload vs referral sorted, as well as separating the records from the two teams. We all have legal right to see all records, but not a "need to know." In other words, any of us can look up any of the students on other student systems, but ethically must do so on only a need to know basis. The same ethics would apply here, so it is not a need to block people from seeing records associated with the other team, but users can only see their own records.

My issues:

The layout script interrupts the "go to related record on layout x"

When I need to go from the referral list to a data input page for the screening, for example, I go to the first record. If I set it up so a find is needed, I might find the record associated with the behavior referral someone made and not the record we had from the caseload we have been following.

If I don't have the script set in on layout enter, I don't know how to load the sorted lists (referral vs. caseload)

Am I missing something?

Could I have a script somehow that assigns records to privilege sets based on which group they referred the child to?

If so, can a script be created to switch from one privilege to another or both if it is a collaboration?

If so, how do I set the record sorts and maintain the ability to navigate between the referral list to related records on other layouts?

Thank you in advance. I know this is lengthy, but it is possible that there is more than one solution, given all of the variables.

Outcomes