AnsweredAssumed Answered

Signed URLs for Amazon S3 in Filemaker

Question asked by yoder on Sep 13, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2018 by alejandro.banderas@me.com

Here is my dilemma.

I have JPG images stored in S3 Amazon, which require signed URLs (time delimited) for security purposes.

CURRENTLY, I programmatically determine the URL address using Javascript within the webviewer.

I am using the javascript library cryptoJS, and I supply my private Key etc..., and using the SHA1withRSA algorithm.

It works fine.... BUT.... there are downsides: #1. the webviewer is bloated. #2. the webviewer contains my KEY, and thus I can't use this in webviewer.

QUESTION: I would like to PROGRAMMATICALLY generate the Signed URLs within filemaker. Can this be done using any of Filemaker's existing encryption calculation steps? The latest amazon algorithm (from this page: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/sigv4-query-string-auth.html

Authenticating Requests: Using Query Parameters (AWS Signature Version 4) - Amazon Simple Storage Service )

seems to use: AWS4-HMAC-SHA256

Anyway -> does anyone have any suggestions? Can this be done programmatically? Do I have to make, or purchase a plugin?

I've tried to make the webviewer calculate this in advance. It works fine on the CLIENT..., but I am unable to get the webviewer to work on the Server. (Im' using filemaker cloud.)

Thanks for any help.

Outcomes