AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connection Failed - 3 Versions on 4 Servers

Question asked by j.hall on Sep 15, 2018

Ok, So This is very strange.

I just got a new MacBook Pro from work today. Woo Hoo! Okey, except...

I have a personal MacBook Pro 2012 Retina. It’s running Mojave beta. It connects to all my FileMaker Servers with out any issue.

I’ve just got done installing all my software, and…

The New MacBook Pro (Which is Running High Sierra, because FileMaker and Mojave, like ever other pre-release of Mac OS don’t get along well yet). Won’t connect to any of the same servers, with the same IP addresses. Won’t even connect to the LOCAL FileMaker Server installation that I just setup.

So I’m thinking it’s networking right? Maybe something’s flaky. So I pull up the Windows VMs that I have moved from the old Laptop to the new one. They connection without any issues.

Did something go wrong in the install? Should I just uninstall FileMaker and reinstall you think? Or has someone else seen then and knows how to fix it?

I have 15, 16 and 17 installed, (Same as on the old machine) and ALL of them are doing the same thing with both local and remote servers.

The other piece that's strange is that it fails almost instantaneously, like it's not even trying to make the connection at all.

All clients are updated to the latest version. I'm running 10.13.6 This is about as clean of an install as I can make it since I just got it.

Outcomes