AnsweredAssumed Answered

PHP Site Works on Apache, Various Errors on IIS

Question asked by jcooper on Sep 20, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2018 by beverly

Hi,

I'm moving from fms16 on Mac Apache to fms17 on Windows 2016. I have a php site using CWP I need to get working until I redo some stuff using WebDirect.

First issue is that, though I set date.timezone to a legal value in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\php.ini and restarted the server, I was still getting

"PHP Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\web-server-support..."

So, despite having timezone set to "America/New_York" I added

date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');

to phpinfo.php and the problem went away.

I'm also getting undefined index errors from my $_Get commands and elsewhere (too numerous to post here).

As I said, the exact same site works on Apache on Mac. PHP versions are the same (5.6.24) and aside from some stuff I assume is because one's Mac and one's Windows, the php configurations appear largely the same.

I'm ALSO getting "A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in..." on at least one of my pages other than my index.php (I do start a session on Index but again, this worked fine in Apache).

So I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a bunch of separate little problems, or one big one causing them all.

Has anyone else made the same move and were there any tweaks that got the site working?

Thanks,

Jeff

Outcomes