FileMaker Pro 188.8.131.52
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016)
A recursive custom function will automatically change the name of recursive calls to itself to a name change when you click "Cancel"
How to replicate
- Create a recursive custom function and save (see 1.png)
- Open the function and change the name but do not update the recursive call (see 2.png)
- Click Save and get an “This function cannot be found” error (see 3.png).
- Click "OK" to dismiss the error.
- With the new name at the top but the recursive call(s) not updated, click "Cancel" to close the Edit Custom Function dialog.
- Reopen the function. You will see that the internal call now has the new name even though the function still has the old name at the top. The function will not save until you correct the recursive call(s).
This bug does not happen if you skip step 3 & 4 and instead type a new name and immediately click "Cancel."
— Mark Conway Munro