AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing a table using PSoS

Question asked by garyavischious on Sep 24, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2018 by wimdecorte

I don't have a lot of experience working with Server and based on client feedback they would like a temporary table created, with just the pertinent fields showing to make the importing of information from Excel docs (a standard practice) easier for entry level staff.  It's a valid request I can see with just a limited number of fields showing the mapping would be much easier.

The solution runs on FM Cloud Server on AWS using Server 17.

Once the data is in a temp table I would like to move it to the main processing table where many automated functions occur to scrub the data...that involve many more fields.

I am having trouble getting the import function to work on PSoS.  I think this would greatly speed up the process!  Some of the tables will have 500-600 records, which is not too bad, but some will have 35,000 which is about a 3-4 import process to server.  Then close to the same to import it another table.

Once the data is scrubbed, then it goes into a MASTERdb table, so it gets moved again.  Locally, it all worked with no timing issues, but going to server has made these processes quite slow.

Any suggestions?

Outcomes