AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you use GetSummary on two break fields

Question asked by tbcomputerguy on Sep 27, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2018 by tbcomputerguy

'I edited this to explain a bit more clearly'..I am currently working on a log hauling database that we use to record the qty in tonnes or m³ for truck drivers.  Each load is recorded by licence plate, date of load, block, destination etc.  Data table (hauling5.png). Each destination/block may have a different rate meaning during a two week period the driver may deliver from a different spot and still deliver to the same mill but resulting in a different hauling rate (highlighted in hauling5.png).  Currently I have this working without any hiccups until now.  At each pay we create hauler pay sheets, again no hitch.  Then we create a reconciliation of the pays to the drivers as well as break down how much was delivered to each destination, this being done in excel. (Hauling2.png).  I have been trying to create this report in filemaker only getting half way...the driver pays at the bottom.(Hauling3.png).  We create these reconciliations separate from the loads...therefore i am trying to do that in filemaker using a separate table as the base table, like a reporting table.  I would select the period for the reconciliation and portals are filled accordingly.  My TO's are in the third image (hauling1.png).  Now I can produce the report in a subsummary report as  (Hauling4.png).  I am trying to reproduce the report on  reconciliation using a portal with summary fields. As you can see in (Hauling5.png) there are two different rates going to 'BARWICK'.  in the report the rates / results are correct for each mill/block.  I was thinking about using GetSummary but the problem is there are two break fields, destination_id and Block which are used to create (hauling4.png). I know it is subsummary field in a portal and i have done some reading but can't seem to grasp this for some reason. I hope with the use of diagrams you get the gist of what i am trying to achieve

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Outcomes