AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to prepare a document before publishing it?

Question asked by mrwatson-gbs on Oct 2, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 by mrwatson-gbs

Hallo Rosemary,

I had a rather .. er ... unexpected ... experience this week whilst preparing a document (Advent of Code 2018) for publication on the community.

I had always assumed that the purpose of the draft / publish status of documents, was to make it possible to prepare documents (privately) in draft mode, before publishing them to the community (I guess, because that is how my blog works).

Having prepared the Advent of Code 2018 document in draft mode - it's for a presentation I'm doing at the D/A/CH FM Konferenz in 2 Weeks in Liechtenstein -  I was going to wait a bit to publish it.

However, the very next morning I got a message from jbrown, who had already seen it!

This raises some questions:

• Who can see DRAFT documents?
  • What is the purpose of the DRAFT status?
  • What is the process for preparing large documents in private, before publishing them?
  • I have some more DRAFT documents (in a bad state of development) ... how do I de-publish them without losing my work?
  • and should there be better documentation of this, so that others don't accidentally publish unfinished, incorrect or low quality documents?

Thanking you in advance

MrWatson

Outcomes