AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upload into Container Field - Data API - Error 20402

Question asked by kvdb on Oct 3, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2018 by TSGal

Product and version FileMaker Server 17.0.2.203

OS and version: Windows Server 2016 Standard Editio

Browser and version (for WebDirect only): \

Hardware: CPU: 4-Core / RAM: 16 GB / Hard Drive: 300 GB

Description: When testing the "Upload Into Container Field" call from the FileMaker Data API I thought at first that this worked fluently until I began to implement it into a web portal with dropzone.

I received during my test a few times errors back so back to postman for debugging. Here I entered the exact URL like the documentation specified and send a .jpg file to a FileMaker container. It works for the first x amount of times until the following error showed:

{

"messages": [

{

"code": "20402",

"message": ""

}

],

"response": {}

}

How to replicate: Make use of any curl library / application to execute the "Insert Into Container Field" Data API call. Once setup and a you have performed a test keep executing it after receiving the result.

Execute - Wait for response - Execute - Wait for response - ....

You will see that it will work for x amount of times and all of a sudden the above error will shown. I cant tell how much times you have to do this cause it varies. Tested it on multiples server and there is no constant in it. If the above error is shown and you retest most probably it will work again. Nothing is shown in the logs

Workaround (if any): Upload Base64 into a text field and make use of a auto enter calculation for creating the container field based on this text field.

Extra information: When looking at the headers from postman and debugging the trace the following is shown:

HTTP/1.1 500 FileMaker Data API Engine Error

Outcomes