lesley

Using global data gathered in another layout

Discussion created by lesley on Oct 11, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 by lesley

Hi

Can anyone help me with the following issue. I have an Allocation process that contains a Count Status box currently set up as a global field that looks like this

Behind the scenes are the following controls and scripts to populate the Count Status box within this layout

Script "Update_Status_US-CAN" -

Set Field [Allocation US CAN::CountStatus;

ExecuteSQL ("Select Status,

Count (Status)

FROM \"Allocation US CAN\"

WHERE\"Burst Interval\"=?

GROUP BY Status "; ": "; "" ;

Allocation US CAN::BurstLevel_Selected_g)]

Exit Script [Text Result:True]

This is running fine and giving me the Allocated  and Unallocated Counts as I allocate the Codes - however the sales team would like to see this information presented in list form as shown below

Freq 166.380      Burst 10.1      Count Status      Allocated            516

Unallocated        5

Freq 166.380      Burst 10.3      Count Status      Allocated           490

Unallocated        31

Freq 166.380      Burst 10.7      Count Status      Allocated           498

Unallocated        23

so that the availabilty in and around a specific Burst is visible to aid selection.

I have tried to create a list but believe that the Count Status being a field created as I allocate, it is not stamping this information anywhere so that I can present it in another layout. As I change the Freq and Burst on the Allocation table so the list changes to reflect the current Count Status.

Hope that this makes sense

Lesley

Outcomes