AnsweredAssumed Answered

Finding Matching Records via Two fields in Two Tables

Question asked by wildwood28 on Oct 11, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2018 by wildwood28

Wanting to create a table which shows all products that have a matching record in another table.

It is an inventory table vs products sold table....I linked the tables through Product description field which works but except I also need to be more specific and match by batch number as well...otherwise one product sold product is linked with all the product descriptions despite different batch numbers.

I have attached an image to show what I mean...I want just the matching sold product (description/batch number) to show against the relative product.

when I try connecting the two fields, nothing shows for Products sold even though there should be matching records.

Have also tried creating a portal of Products Sold on an inventory layout, but same thing happens...one product will match with the description and will show irregardless of Batch number.

I also tried creating two new calculation fields, one for each table combining Product Description & Batch Number and then linking those fields but that doesn't work either even though the data shows correctly in the separate tables...just not when I try to link them.

I am sure this shouldn't be difficult but I just can't get my brain around what I have to do to get it to work!

Attachments

Outcomes