AnsweredAssumed Answered

Value list based on available inventory

Question asked by treydyer on Oct 13, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2018 by philmodjunk

I'm working on a database that manages my repairs and also allows me to use a small inventory of rent cars.  In my rental car layout I have a drop down list that allows me to select vehicles that are checked as "available" which is a boolean field.  When I set up a relationship to the rental cars linking Inventory::Available to a field in Car_Rentals::Available (which is always set to 1) it shows me the correct drop down records (available cars) as I've set my value list to only show matching records on the available field however I then use a script to change the Inventory::Available field to 0 or unavailable and the drop down value in my rental car layout changes to show the Inventory::CarID instead of the second field (Inventory::Description).  Am I setting this value list up wrong?  Is there a better way?  I'm kindof stumped here.  I want to only show Available cars in the valuelist but I also want to see which car is rented in the rental car layout without that value being changed when I set the available field to 0. 

Outcomes