Product and version (e.g. FileMaker Pro 14.0.3) FileMaker Pro Advanced 17.02.205
OS and version Mac High Sierra
Browser and version (for WebDirect only) x
Hardware Mac Pro
Description When you select a single object inside a group and change its autosizing, the object does not autosize as it should. The object's autosizing shows as changed, but in Browse mode the object does not autosize properly. You have to ungroup and regroup for the change to take effect.
How to replicate
1. Create a new blank layout. I'm using the "Minimalist" theme, in case that matters.
2. Use the fieldpicker to drag a single field, with label to the left, onto the layout.
3. Note that both the field and its label have autosize locks to north and west only (no stretching, anchored to top left).
4. Group the field and its label.
5. Drag the right margin of the layout over to just past the right edge of the field.
6. Go into browse mode. No matter how wide you make your window, the field size stays the same, as expected.
7. Go into layout mode. Click twice on the field, selecting first the group, and then the field inside the group.
8. Use the Autosizing section of the Inspector to add a third autosizing lock, to the right. Since the field is locked to left and right, it should stretch if you widen the window.
9. Go into browse mode. No matter how wide you make your window, the field size stays the same, which is the bug.
10. Go into layout mode. Click twice on the field again, selecting the field within the group. Look at the inspector. See how it shows the field is anchored to top, left, and right, reflecting the change you made in step 8. It just isn't working.
11. Click once to select the group (not any particular object inside the group. Ungroup and regroup.
12. Go back into Browse. Now when you change the width of your window, the field stretches as expected.
Workaround (if any)
Ungroup and regroup like it's FileMaker 16.