cbishop

FileMaker Server 17 Admin Console refresh issues

Discussion created by cbishop on Oct 15, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 by cbishop

I haven't seen mention of this issue by anybody else in Server 17, so I'm wondering if it's an issue with my installation.

I have Server 17 installed in Windows Server 2012 R2.  Using the Admin Console in Chrome or Safari on Windows or Mac (locally or remotely) gives me the same issue.

1. When I stop or start a database from the console, it goes into a red ball, but never shows that users are disconnected.

2. When I forcefully disconnect users from the console, the actual user gets booted, but the console still shows them as connected.  This is the case 45 minutes later, even after relaunching the console.  Same for new users - they don't show.

3. Server Scheduled Scripts appear not to run, but they are running.  I can manually start the script from the console and it will say Running, but it will forever say Running.

The only way I can get the console to refresh is by restarting it.  (fmsadmin restart adminserver).  Then it collects the new data, but once again, any changes are not refreshed.

Is this an issue with 17v1, or is this just our installation?

Outcomes