AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two Fields Drawing Data From One

Question asked by celticguardian93 on Oct 24, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 26, 2018 by keywords

I'm creating an app for author's who are writing books. I'd like to add a layout where they can write. However, for me it's difficult to remember details of what the characters look like, their age, how they talk etc. So I added a field in the layout called name and related it to a field in my character details page. Then I brought a few fields from the character table to the writing space layout. So, then, whenever I type in the name of a character I've already made, all the fields (age, hair color, height) that I filled in on their form shows up on my layout so I can see visualize what they look like and compare them to what's around them. There lies the problem. I'd like to have another set of fields so I can see another person. Since most scenes typically have multiple people in it, I'd like to be able to see the details of that person too. For instance, if one person is taller than the other so I know that the one character has to look up at the other person. My question is, can I type in a second name in the other set of fields that draw from the same set of fields in the character table but fill in with Name 2's details instead of just copying Name 1's. I'll add a picture below so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you for any help you can give me and please enjoy your day!

Attachments

Outcomes